Old Trafford Information & Accommodation
Team: Manchester United
Stadium: Old Trafford
Address: Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0RA, Tel: +44 (0) 161 868 8000
Manchester United’s home ground is Old Trafford. This famous stadium is located about 3.5 km southwest of the center of the city. On game days, trains run from Piccadilly Stadium in the Manchester center to the stadium. You can also take numerous buses to the grounds including the bus lines 252-257 plus 17, 114 and 236. More travel information to Manchester United games.
Remember to get your Manchester United tickets early – Old Trafford is one of the most highly attended stadiums in England, and it can sell out quickly!
Hotels near Old Trafford
Manchester is a large city that offers a wide range of accommodations. Your most enjoyable experience will likely occur if you stay close to the action in the center of the city. This will afford easy access to both the City of Manchester Stadium and to Old Trafford. Here are a few hotels that serve footy fans in Manchester well.
- Gardens Hotel, 55 Piccadilly – Overlooking Manchester’s lovely Piccadilly Gardens, this hotel is ideally situated. Near the nightlife and the stadium, you might have to pay a little more but in the end it will be worth it. Rooms start at £68.
- Hotel Britannia, 35 Portland Street, Manchester – An architectural masterpiece that sits in the heart of Manchester. This is a surprisingly affordable option considering its charm and grace. Rooms start at £32.
- Citi Mansions, 3-4 Beech Mount – If you don’t like frills, you’ll love the Citi Mansions Hotel. Basic, clean and not far from the center of Manchester, rooms start at £19.
Hostels in Manchester, near Old Trafford
For a large city, Manchester is somewhat lacking in hostelling options. What it lacks in numbers, it more than makes up for in quality. The two choices below are both highly recommended as places to stay before and after a game.
- Hilton Chambers, 15 Hilton Street, Manchester – Manchester’s most dashing and poshest hostel and dead charming too (or so they say). Hilton Chambers is part backpackers, part hotel, but all quality. A big leap in standards – a small step in price! (yeah its cheesy, but the place is cool).
- Hatters Hostel 50 Newton Street – An awesome hostel located in the heart of all Manchester’s excitement. Clean, friendly, welcoming, and close to public transport, you can’t go wrong staying at Hatters.