Stamford Bridge Information & Accommodation
Stadium: Stamford Bridge
Address: Fulham Road, London, SW6 1HS, Tel: 020 7385 5545
Stamford Bridge is located in the West of London between the Chelsea and Fulham districts, approximately 5km from the center of the city. Traveling to the stadium by Tube (subway) is often the quickest and easiest way on days when there are games. The stadium is located at the Fulham Broadway Station on the District Line. More travel information to Chelsea.
Remember to get your Chelsea tickets early – Stamford Bridge can sell out for big matches!
Hotels near Stamford Bridge
The Chelsea district in London is renowned for being an upscale place to live. Hotels in the district can be pricey, but there is no shortage of moderately priced accommodations within easy walking district of Stamford Bridge. Because the stadium is centrally located in London, you could also choose to stay in another part of the city and commute to the game on the Tube. Here are a few nearby options:
- Chelsea Lodge Hotel, 268 Fulham Rd, Chelsea, Chelsea, London, SW10 9EW (.4 miles from stadium) – Who says you can’t find a bargain hotel right in the heart of all the action. A mere stumbling distance from Stamford Bridge, the rooms here start at about £49.
- Chelsea House Hotel, 96 Redcliffe Gardens (.9 miles.) – A newly redecorated two-star b&b. It is located centrally in the Earl’s Court area. The hotel is a 5 minutes walk from the Earl’s Court tube station. Chelsea and Fulham areas are within walking distance as well. Rooms from £39.
- Chelsea Guest House, 372 & 374 Wandsworth Road – One of the best values in London, this is a great place for both long-term and short-term stays. Rooms from £41.
Hostels near Stamford Bridge
Hostels are an excellent alternative to pricey hotels in London. Less money spent on accommodations means more money to spend at the game. While you will save money staying in a hostel, be forewarned that they can often be noisy and that some lock their doors early in the evening. You’ll want to book well in advance, especially around holidays. There are many hostels in London. Here are a few that are close to Stamford Bridge:
- Astor Kensington, 138-140 Cromwell Road Kensington– Smack in the middle of all the action, this relatively new hostel is only available to guests ages 18-35.
- YHA London Earls Court, 38 Bolton Gardens SW5 0AQ– Recently refurbished, this is a no frills youth hostel that offers easy access to London’s nightlife and to Chelsea’s ground.