Stadio San Paolo
Stadio San Paolo Information
Stadium: Stadio San Paolo
Address: Pizzale Vincenzo Tecchio, 80125 Naples
Directions: Stadio San Paolo is in a suburb of Naples called Fuorigrotta, which is to the West of central Naples not far from the water. The stadium itself would be a long 1.5 hour walk from the city center, but it’s quite close to the Campi Flegri subway station. From central Naples, it’s 7 stops on the FS Metropolitana line in the Bagnoli direction, which is only a 15-minute trip. You’ll be able to see the stadium when you come out of the subway station – and you may even be able to see Mount Vesuvius, too.
Driving Directions to Stadio San Paolo: From the Piazza Municipio in central Naples, head for the water and take a right on Via Ammiraglio Ferdinando Acton. This road curves to the right with the harbor and becomes Galleria della Vittoria. You’ll then take a right on Via Domenico Morelli, and a quick left on Riviera di Chiaia. Stay on this road, even as it curves to the left and becomes Via Piedigrotta, then Salita della Grotta, and then Galleria delle 4 Giornate. Just as this road is becoming Via Caio Duilio, you’ll turn right at Via Consalvo. Stay on this road as it curves to the left, and then you’ll take a left onto Via Terracina. As Via Terracina turns into Via Mario Gigante, you’ll need to turn left to stay on Via Terracina, and then turn left again toward the stadium.
>> More Napoli travel information
Hotels Near Stadio San Paolo
Naples is absolutely full of hotels – many of which aren’t right in the city center, and some of which are reasonably close to the stadium. Keep in mind, however, that if you’re planning to do any sightseeing in Naples when there isn’t a soccer game going on, staying far from the city center may not be a great idea.
- Hotel Splendid – Via Alessandro Manzoni 96, Naples – Located next to a park in a residential area not far from stadium, breakfast included, WiFi & internet access, free parking. Rooms from €78.
- Hotel Serius – Viale Augusto 74, Naples – 5-minute walk from stadium & Campi Flegri station, internet access, on-site restaurant, parking garage. Rooms from €125.
Hostels Near Stadio San Paolo
The true hostels in Naples are located in or near the city center, but there are actually a number of B&Bs located not far from the stadium – or at least roughly halfway between the stadium and the city center.
- Bed & Breakfast Vittoria – Via Giulio Cesare 125, Naples – This B&B is a stone’s throw from the stadium, only 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms but not en suite, breakfast included. Rooms from €47.
- Suite Partenope – Piazza Pilastri 7, Naples – This B&B is a stone’s throw from the stadium, only 5 rooms, breakfast included, free internet access. Rooms from €43.
- B&B La Bouganville – Via Alessandro Manzoni 155, Naples – Halfway between the stadium and the water, short walk from stadium, only 2 rooms, one with private bathroom, breakfast included, free internet access. Rooms from €39.