Santiago Bernabéu Stadium Information & Accommodation
Estadio Santiago Bernabeu Information
Team: Real Madrid
Stadium: Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
Address: Avenida Concha Espina 1, 28036 Madrid
Directions: The stadium is about 5km North of the city center, located in a business district. It’s right on the Paseo de la Castellana, a big artery running from the heart of Madrid. The handy metro in Madrid will get you right to the stadium, because it has its very own stop – which is conveniently called Santiago Bernabeu. Simply take line 10 to get there. You can also get there by bus by taking lines numbered 14, 27, 40, 43, 120, 147 or 150. Using the metro to get to a game is a great option, but sometimes after a game the station is closed for security reasons – you’ll be herded in the right direction to get to another metro stop or you can hop on a bus for the return journey.
>> More Real Madrid travel information
Driving Directions to Santiago Bernabéu: From the Plaza Mayor in central Madrid, head north on Calle de San Felipe Neri toward Plaza de Herradores. This turns slightly to the right and becomes Calle de las Hileras. Then turn left at Calle de la Flora, right at Calle de Costanilla de Los Angeles, and left at Plaza de Santo Domingo. You’ll need to turn right to stay on the Plaza de Santo Domingo. Turn right at Calle Gran Via, slightly left at Calle de Alcala, and slightly right at Plaza de Cibeles. Then turn left at Paseo del Prado, and slightly left back onto Plaza de Cibeles. Continue on this road, which becomes Paseo de Recoletos and then turn slightly left at Plaza de Colon. Follow Paseo de la Castellana, and then turn right at Plaza de Lima. You’ll then turn slightly right at Paseo de la Castellana again, and turn right two more times to stay on this road. The stadium is ahead on your right.
Hotels in Madrid, near Santiago Bernabéu
Because the Bernabéu is in the business district, there are plenty of hotels nearby. The three below are in walking distance, but there are plenty more so use that there widget to find one.
- Gran Atlanta Hotel – Comandante Zorita 34, Madrid – Short walk from stadium, 180 rooms, all rooms with A/C, breakfast included. Rooms from €70
- NH La Habana – Paseo de la Habana, 73, Madrid – Short walk from stadium, WiFi available, parking, breakfast included. Rooms from €93.
- AC Aitana – Paseo de la Castellana, 152, Madrid – Down the street from stadium, WiFi available, free mini bar, restaurant on site, fitness center, parking. Rooms from €107.
Hostels Near Santiago Bernabéu
Madrid is a popular city with backpackers and budget travelers, so there are a ton of hostels in the city center. But because the stadium is in a business district, you won’t find many hostels right next door to it. Stay in the city center instead, and just take the metro out to the stadium.
- Ole International Hostel – Manuela Malasana 23 1, Madrid – In the city center, near metro stations, breakfast included, on-site bar, laundry facilities, internet access. Beds from €16.
- International Youth Hostel La Posada de Huertas – Huertas 21, Madrid – In the city center, 152 beds, private interior patio, A/C in all rooms, free internet, laundry facilities. Beds from €24.